Thursday, August 7, 2008

Silas' 4th birthday- June 8, 2008





Although this was awhile ago I wanted to get some thoughts and photos down now that the blog is up and running. Silas is a super guy and it was so fun to celebrate him on June 8. I love reasons to celebrate and make things special, and when it's my kid's that I get to honor it is that much more exciting.


As we were thinking and planning for the day I had asked Silas what he wanted his cake to look like and what he wanted his special birthday menu to include. He told me he wanted his cake to be "shaped like Africa with animals on it" and he wanted "chicken meat with red peppers and tube pasta" for his meal.


The other interesting thing about our birthday preparation was that I took him to a toy store and let him help me pick out his birthday present. I was really proud of how he was able to handle that whole process. He laid in the aisle and looked at books while I put out some options for him to choose from. He looked them over then made his selection and that was the last I heard about those toys until the actual day when he opened them. There was no bugging or begging at all. I was really proud of his maturity.


Finally, there is one picture of Silas with one of his best friends. They have known each other and been involved in each other's lives since they were 2 weeks old. They had the same due date but she was overdue so their birthdays are just over a week apart. Happy Birthday kids! May your 4th year be as sweet as you are.

1 comment:

kclblogs said...

we love that kid, too!! so glad we could honor him with you this year.