Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grandpa Jake



We had a great visit from my mother's uncle, Grandpa Jake. He is 86 years old and sharp, with it, funny, flexible, ready to try new things, and technologically savvy with his cell phone in his pocket and his laptop at home. He loves kids and really hit it off with Silas and Asher. He and Silas had a joke that went as follows-

Jake: "Who are you, Charlie?"
Silas: "No, I'm Silas!"
Jake: "What? You're Charlie, well!"
Silas: "Grandpa Jake! I am not Charlie, I am Silas!"
Finish off with fits of laughter from both parties.

Jake also got to spend some quality chunks of time with Asher while my mom and I shopped at a second hand store. Jake pushed the stroller and was on Asher-duty. He taught Asher some Low German.

Jake: "Ney, ney" (no-no, while shaking your head).
Asher: "Yo, yo" (yes-yes, while nodding your head).
Jake: "Yo, yo"
Asher: "Ney, ney"
Finish off with giggles from both parties.

No comments: