Wednesday, September 17, 2008

School Days

Here is Silas on his first day of school. School has been great for him so far, so great, in fact, that the days that he doesn't go to school are really hard- I hope that changes, since I look forward to the days off with great anticipation of special times "like it used to be" before we were so structured and scheduled.

This past Sunday night I was going over the week's routine with him and said, "So, tomorrow you have school again-" only to be interrupted by Silas throwing his arms up in the air with a "Yeah!" and then hugging me so hard I lost my breath.

Silas loves his teachers and greets them every morning with, "Hi! You look pretty today/smell good today/have a nice dress on!" He also enjoys show and tell time, art time, playing on the play ground with his friends, music class, and being the "flag friend," yes, the FLAG friend (that's the American flag, friends........). Ah, the irony, our son, a friend of the flag......

1 comment:

kclblogs said...

i bet silas is just what a teacher wants in her class! he's so polite and responsive. the other kids probably enjoy him, too.